Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
gtadvance

Won't be on for a while.

Hi Folks,

So I'm in the midst of packing up all my belongings and I'll be moving into a new flat tomorrow. It doesn't have the internet set up yet so that'll be the first thing (among others) that I need to take care of.

As some of you residing in the UK may well know it could take good ol' British Telecom upwards of a month to set up the phone line before I can even think about setting up an ISP so this might be somewhat of an extended hiatus.

I have just finished building a new house in Farefall. I certainly hope this one is up to code as the other one fell foul of height restrictions. If there are any problems with it please leave some signs outside but please bear in mind it might take me several weeks to even see them.

I shall still have the 3G on my mobile telephony device so I shall be looking into the forums from time to time. If anyone has anything they need to tell me about the new build or indeed anything else you can post here.

See you all on YAMS soon.

-gtadvance.

If you have 3G unlimited with 3, it's possible you could have a "hotspot" device (usually iPhones) in which creates a wifi hotspot from your phone to connect your laptop and such with... Dunno if that helps any, but yeah... See you sometime.

Thanks for the reply BartyJnr. I have looked into that but there is ABSOLUTELY no reception on 3 at the new place, which is strange for London. My wife is on 3 and she might actually have to get a new phone contract because of it. I've got a 3G/wifi dongle from Vodafone with a fair amount of Gbs on it so I might be able to get on at some point for a few minutes, just to check in.

The other side of it is that I've got work for two weeks starting on the 11th so I'll be working for at least 12 hours every day and will consequently only be wanting to sleep and possibly eat. There'll be no time for Minecrafting for me!

Good luck with the move. :)

Your Farefall house is looking much better, looks nice and modern and fits in, was this your own design? Or something based on a real life house? Only thing that would be nice to see is some log trimmings if possible. :)

Good luck with the move. :)

Your Farefall house is looking much better, looks nice and modern and fits in, was this your own design? Or something based on a real life house? Only thing that would be nice to see is some log trimmings if possible. :)

Well the move has just been completed as of about an hour ago. I'm shattered but at least it's done. Now onward to cleaning up my old place!

The build was partly based (mostly the exterior) on a sustainable house in New York State but with more windows and I just thought the 1.5 floors showed off the space better.

I can add some oak wood trim. I think it would go well around the bottom as I like the oak planks for the roof. I think I'll also make the patio/decking area out of oak wood too.

Alas this can't be done until I get the new internets and have generally unpacked at least some things. Hopefully it won't take too long.

I shall see you all soon!

Sign in to follow this