Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Marbles

Name Changing

My first topic in a while :P

You may have heard, but in the next few Minecraft updates, eventually we will be able to change our usernames. This is quite cool, as people who have been stuck with a silly name for a few years can finally change it to something more akin to their liking.

I was wondering if anyone here would change their name given the chance, and if so what to?

A few of you may know the origins of my name, as I've probably mentioned it a few times. At the time of the creation of my Minecraft account, I was (and still am) a massive Beatles fan. Having been on a school trip to Berlin the month before my account's creation, I had purchased a copy of the White Album, by the Beatles. On it is a track called 'The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill'. Since I hadn't had the cd for very long at the time, I was still in the stage where it's all that you listen to. On the track, a character called Captain Marvel is mentioned. I misheard this as Captain Marbles, and made the account. Since I discovered that I misheard the name, it's always bugged me... in the future I may change my name to something shorter like Marbles or something :)

I like the idea of changing names, but fear it might complicate things for the likes of whitelisting on server etc and keeping track of trouble makers.

as for me personally I think if I was named anything else it would just feel wrong. always been Nikki_Nutta :D

I like the idea of changing names, but fear it might complicate things for the likes of whitelisting on server etc and keeping track of trouble makers.

as for me personally I think if I was named anything else it would just feel wrong. always been Nikki_Nutta :D

I've been ZhonLord or Zhon on every gaming/forum/deviantart profile I've ever used.  Not changing that any time soon B)

I wont be changing but its changes like this that make it a pain to run Minecraft servers efficiently, I suspect a lot of plugins will break and may cause issues for us in terms of how we currently do our whitelists.

The bukkit team have made a post today regarding what they are going to do in preparation for it:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/psa-the-switch-to-uuids-potential-plugin-server-breakage.250915

Sign in to follow this