Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
VictoriaPorter

enchantment help

am having some trouble with enchanting my pics lately- i want efficiency and unbreaking ideally, fortune would be good as well, but i keep getting silk touches, 4 so far.

anyone got any tips? what level will give me eff and unb but not anything more? i cant mine with these, they are pretty much useless unless i want ores and tbh i've never been fond of how ores look.

or, anyone want to trade for a silk touch pic?  i'm keeping one so have three to trade. two have eff and unb but one just has eff.

am having some trouble with enchanting my pics lately- i want efficiency and unbreaking ideally, fortune would be good as well, but i keep getting silk touches, 4 so far.

anyone got any tips? what level will give me eff and unb but not anything more? i cant mine with these, they are pretty much useless unless i want ores and tbh i've never been fond of how ores look.

or, anyone want to trade for a silk touch pic?  i'm keeping one so have three to trade. two have eff and unb but one just has eff.

SILK TOUCH! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!

*ahem*

I found a really good site a while back that auto-calculates what levels will have the highest chances of giving you specific enchantments that you want.  I've only tested it for books, but it seems to be pretty accurate.

http://www.minecraftenchantmentcalculator.com/rev5/

Also, I have some Efficiency II and III books available that you can apply to a tool.  I'd be happy to give them to you for one or two of those silk touch picks.  ^_^

I don't really do the whole enchanting thing, though the efficiency pickaxes and shovels are fun, they came in especially useful when digging out the lake at the theme park world! :D Anyway... I was going to say that despite the fact that I don't really do enchanting that's a very useful link Zhon. :)

Also, instead of enchanting the tool directly you could do what I do and enchant books first.  It's a little more level-expensive at first, because it helps to build up an archive of low-level books to combine before applying to a tool, but even factoring in the price of combining books together and applying them to the tools it's still fewer levels in the long run than if you get the wrong kind of tool and have to enchant an entirely new one from scratch.

Plus it's always nice having full control over what your tool gets put on it.  I've been using books for ages to give my armors specific protections and to make sure my Silk Touch picks don't get efficiency added on - the speed is nice, but when you collect as many ores as I do those levels in efficiency only make the repair cost more of a pain.

Sign in to follow this