Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Marbles

Slime is down!

Basically, I've cooked the fan in my laptop. Because I essentially have no CPU cooling, I can't do anything CPU intensive for fear of damaging anymore interior workings. I should be taking it to PC world on Thursday, so I may not be on for a little while, until the fan is fixed or a replacement fan is found.

Guess I can always use that MineChat app :P 

That stinks :/ hope it can be fixed soon, so you can get back on! That MineChat app is a bit glitchy cuz it essentially logs u in where u were so u can type...but whenever I do it I get kicked because the server thinks ur flying :P

Well, I've got myself a shiny new 2TB portable hard drive, on which I've dumped all of my documents (including my .minecraft app data :P)

I'm dropping my laptop off tomorrow, and the maximum amount of time it should take to fix is 2 weeks.

Edited by Captain_Marbles

Well, I got my laptop back today! Originally they said Sunday, then Wednesday, so I'm happy I got it today :P

As well as replacing the 'thermal module', they also replaced my ram which was a surprise. I guess I nearly cooked it before I realised the fan wasn't working...

I've not been on for 3 weeks, which is something like a record for me. Repair took 2 weeks, plus I was in Iceland for 6 days before that.

Should be on whenever I can get on, as I'm preoccupied this evening. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! :D

Sorry for the double post  :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this