Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
ronkrt

You guys are really strict

You guys only let a small amount of people get unbanned, and when someone gets banned once, they should be given a last chance, so please give people second chances

We are more than fair in giving people chances, when we want to give someone a chance we will warn or jail players. If we deam a players rule breaking too severve or they are not shown to care to say sorry for their actions and actually mean it then we will ban.

We even have staff who have broken the rules before when they were members, but they said sorry and have made up for their mistakes. This proves we do forgive.

But once you are banned that's it theres no unban, banning a player is the ultimate decision and not something we decide on lightly, that's why we have the jail system but you have to understand we as staff are here to protect YAMS and its players and we will protect as we se fit.

Players are responsible for their own account actions, the rules are large becuase they are detailed in explaining everything so its harder to make a mistake.

So going back to you asking for second chances, I believe we do give second chances sometimes multiple and sometimes none! I'm sure there's players here who can tell you they have had multiple chances and still feel appreciated and welcome here.

We are a community we work as a team, help each other out.

Hope that explains things for you.

Thank you,

Darren

If you have broken the rules to the point of being banned then why should you be unbanned. Speaking as an ex staff member, and a long time member of YAMS I can say (with experience) that members that get unbanned tend to hen think that they are above the rules and can get away with anything.

There is a reason why we get all new members to read through our rules and that is so that they are aware of what we expect of you as a part of the community.

Also on the count of second chances, a lot of people are given them and a lot of the time I notice that a sincere apology along with not lying will avoid you getting banned for most first offences.

Thanks for that info. I came up with this when I was reading unban requests And I had looked through the maybe top 10 and not a single person unbanned (Though 2/5 deserved it).

Sign in to follow this