Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
tdue21

Trading Station [SUGGESTION]

Hi, 

I had a though regarding the Mining World. How about a Trading station near the Mining Hub?

I would personally enjoy building it, but I am slightly fuzzy on how to put to best use. 

Hi,

Happy Birthday! :) Thank you for your suggestion, trading posts have been suggested before.

We have also had them in various forms before, but they never truly work, what happens is that most people if they are going to trade just /spawn as it's quick and easy. There are other /warps around the place but it requires knowing them, so that's why /spawn is usually used as everyone should know that.

If you did still want something, I am more than happy for you to convert a shopping centre room into a public trading station (no one will own the room or pay rent on it), I may even through in a public /warp for it. Have a thought and let me know so I can organise you a spot as we have plenty of empty rooms inside the shopping centre. :)

Thanks,

Darren

Hi, Thank you  :)

Well, that is not quite what I had in mind. 

What I was thinking was a trading station, kinda like in the "Wild West" near the Mining Hub, maybe with stables for horses etc. 

I know that it might not be really useful, but then it would be decorative at least. 

On the other hand, I have this vision of a world spanning trading company :)

/Thomas

What I was thinking was a trading station, kinda like in the "Wild West" near the Mining Hub, maybe with stables for horses etc. 

I know that it might not be really useful, but then it would be decorative at least. 

Well, I haven't heard anything for or against, and I know i is technically against the rules for the mining world. I have, however, gone ahead and begun constructing a waystation. 

I hope I will be allowed to finish it, although I understand if it is removed. 

I know it is technically against the mining world rules, but I need to build this. 

/Thomas

Hello Thomas,

I am quite disappointed that you thought just because we hadn't replied yet that it would be ok to build it, especially when you clearly know its against the rules, the no building rules in the mining rules are there for a reason. Not only does it make people focus on helping us build things in the main world (there's loads of building projects going on and you can always suggest more in the right section) but it also ensures that we wont receive any complaints of " where's my mining world building gone" when we refresh the mining worlds. With Minecraft 1.8 on the way your hard work would be lost when a new mining world comes.

I was quite helpful in my previous post, so had you waited for a proper second reply once I had time to think and discus with my moderators maybe we could have done something instead of the now awkward situation.

So where do we go from here? Well first I'm going to move this topic to the community building section.

Next, I will not be removing the building on this occasion, that doesn't mean I agree with how you went about things, but rather than you destroy your hard work I want you to make sure you get others within the community involved, hence why I'm moving this topic.

Of course when Minecraft 1.8 comes to YAMS the trading station build will be gone but at least you have it for now.

Next time, please go about things the right way, we are always open to suggestions, sometimes it takes time. Work with us rather than against us and we will work with you. Just like when I said about setting up a warp thing in my previous post, I don't usually set public warps but this was my way of working with you when you wanted to do something for us.

Anyway hopefully you can get some players involved as this is now a community project, please keep us updated.

Remember there's always loads of building projects in the main world that need completing, just see the town forums topics (you can help in any town, always read a few posts/pages back from last) and the community building project forum.

Than you,

Darren

Hi, 

I understand your position, but there there two main reasons for the current situation. 

First, I understand people have lives besides Minecraft, and that these lives of course take precedence over any kind of game. That is as it should be, but during the last week I have been virtually alone for hours on the server.

Second, it was been a week since I tried to explain what I wanted, with no reply what so ever. 

As I said, I fully understand people prioritize other stuff, but seriously, I might as well play a single player world.

I hope you, or anyone, don't take this the wrong way. I think one major reason (beyond the two above), is a kind of frustration over an otherwise empty server. 

I like the YAMS world, I like the (admittedly few) people I have met and I like the underlying concept and principles of the server. But without people online, all there really is, is to build or mine. 

/Thomas