Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
darrenstraight

18/02/2015 - February 2015 recruitment of CSO's

As you should all hopefully be aware by now from "The Future of YAMS for 2015" post, we are preparing to move to a new world with a different take on how YAMS is run while still keeping the core family friendly community aspect to it. If you haven't read this post please do so first!

In this post I mentioned that there would be opportunities for new staff and that still stands.

It's been a while since we have posted a public recruitment post, for the last year of promotions we have contacted players directly asking them if they would like to become a staff member or not as they seem like the right candidate.

So I thought it would be nice to do a public post and see who's interested in becoming a CSO (Community Support Officer) for our wonderful family friendly minecraft server YAMS. :)

Here's a little information about what being a Community Support Officer entails:

1. Greet new players.
If you love to meet new people, you are proud to show them around this great server, help them find resources, give them building ideas, or just chat with them for company then you already have the most important skills.   :)

2. Reinforce server rules.
Are you familiar with the server rules posted in Spawn Tower? Do you encourage players to read or re-read them when they don't seem to know/remember how to behave? Would you feel comfortable muting players who can't seem to control what their fingers type in public chat? Can you handle the pressure of putting someone in jail when they get caught breaking the rules? Are you willing to investigate the reason behind the behaviour and give them a second chance? Do you set a good example for others by just being you?   ^_^

3. Report bannable offences to Mods/Admins.
Occasionally there are times on the server when all the Mods/Admins are offline for a moment. As a CSO, it is important to document griefing by taking screenshots of the damage or the playerlist of people online at the time. Do you mind taking a little personal time to contain/clean up griefed areas? Do you feel comfortable posting in the forums, something along the lines of "I saw so and-so do such and such today and here are some screenshots of the damage along with locations."  :ph34r:

4. Be a part of a team
As a CSO you would become part of our team of staff so you would need to work well in a team, can you work well with others? From time to time I seek advice from all staff on changes I which to implement in YAMS, can you actively take part in these with good feedback?

5. Acceptable to job role change.
Understand that from time to time you job role may change and you may be asked to help out on other things that are totally unrelated to what you normally do but that give a benefit towards the community. You may also get the opportunity to be in charge of a public building or specific Job. If you are shown to be active and good at what you do, then there's also chance for progression to Moderator.

6. Enjoy knowing that you are part of the reason YAMS is the best place to spend your Minecraft time!
Think about what you like most about YAMS and how to keep it being a place you visit to get a good dose of community spirit. We have such diversity here with people from many ages, interests, and countries. We might each have our differences but the best thing about all of us is that we have so much in common. We just have to get to know each other to find out what those common interests are and to introduce new ideas to share. That's what community is about, so if you would like to support the YAMS community, apply to be a trainee CSO.

To apply, you must be registered on the forums in order to reply to this post (keeps it open and fair).

Please give a brief summary of why you think you would be right for the job and what you can offer that others cant.

Take a moment to look back over previous applications (January 2014August 2013April 2013January 2013August 2012,April 2012October 2011June 2011April 2011) if you need ideas of what to say but please be original and bear in mind that a lots changed since them applications (don't just copy and paste we will know).

Also it doesn't matter if you post now, or wait until someone else posts, your post should be your words not someone else's and anyway your post is not the only part we base your application on, we will also base it on things such as your previous forum activity, severity of past crimes and how much time you have spent in game and when you are on are you helping the community.

We want to know which assets you will bring to the staff team. Why you and not that other person?   B)

Don't be afraid to apply.

Good Luck!

Closing Date: 2 weeks from date/time of post.
Amount of positions available: undisclosed.

Past applicants (who were unsuccessful before) and ex staff (who's circumstances have changed) can reapply, hopefully you have taken previous feedback into consideration.

This topic is for applicants to post their applications only. Please do not post other posts or like other peoples posts, thanks.

Hi its Crystal :) I have been playing yams for 2 years this is my 3rd year. I love yams and I know the world well. I know where the nether portal and test-world is. I would be very excited to help new players. I helped Queenpoptarts when she was new and Troncreeper02, Hannahbootch and a couple other players. I would never take advantage of this opportunity. I would love to become a cso. This is a awesome opportunity and I hope I can become a staff!

P.S- My long period of time I had away last year (I think) Is because I had alot going on! I love getting on yams espcially when there are other people on. And if I become a cso I will be on alot more then normal ;)

Edited by Crystal_Clear12

Hi it is Queenpoptarts and I am so excited for the new changes and to be a part of staff would be amazing. Even though I have not been playing yams for a long time I do know where the nether portal is and I have helped a few people when they  just started yams. I love yams and I hope I can be apart of the staff!! :)

Applications have now closed and we are in the process of reviewing applications.

• Your application
  • How long you've been on for.
  • How active you are, have you had any long periods away.
  • How involved you are with the community, talking and helping people etc.
  • Forum participation
  • Etc...

You will all be contacted by me soon.

Thank you.