Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)
Sign in to follow this  
JimTim

new pc

i'm going to bye parts for my new pc i need advise on what i should get please leave some advise

I will have around £400-500 [ not much but hay :P ]

and buy parts i mean from the mother board to the graphics card

and if you have made a computer before leave some of the experiences you had while buying the parts and building the pc

thanks for your time

-Jim

I'd definitely give overclockers.co.uk a look. The PC I'm currently running was bought from there. It's a AMD Phenom II X4 3.20GHz with 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 RAM, a 500W Power Supply, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5830 and a generic DVD-RW Drive (only because my last one broke otherwise I'd have recycled it).

That came to a grand total (not including case) of *digs around for receipt* £309.46 including shipping and VAT. It runs like a dream, minecraft at full settings, magicka without any lag and add to that recording with fraps quite often.

The motherboard, CPU and RAM were a bundle for £130 available here [url="http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-188-OK"]Xenon AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.20GHz Bundle - Quad Core[/url] I grabbed it on offer which is why it's a tad more expensive now but it's still a great price for a quad core cpu.

The only thing I wish I'd done was got a motherboard with more than 2 slots for RAM. I had the opportunity to add another 4GB the other day for about £17 but because I only have 2 ram slots I can physically fit it in! :(

Sign in to follow this