We have big changes planned for YAMS in the next 4 months or so and while we understand not everyone will be happy about these changes; these changes are necessary so we can handle the server better and make it more enjoyable for you to play in. Some changes will be small, others will be big, some won’t affect you, others will. But what’s important here is that we all stick as a community together to get through these changes. Let me explain some changes:
The first change I would like to explain today, is in the way towns are run, here is a little bit about this change, each town will be slightly different and this change will in some ways act as a dry run for a future change, so expect things to change as we find out what works well and what doesn’t:
- All towns will now have a Moderator in charge where possible, if not I will place staff member who I can trust in charge. If we are under staff I will oversee it myself and till a suitable staff member can be found.
- They will be in charge of approving big builds/changes within the town, so you don't have to wait for me anymore unless they are unsure if I will like or not.
- They will ensure no one is evicted from their home unless absolutely necessary and ensure they are compensated for their loss if they are.
- They will ensure rules are not broken and that houses are not looted.
- They will create a specific post within the forums for people to discuss changes and announce what changes will happen.
- And more...
- All towns will also have a CSO around where possible:
- They will be in charge or organising the necessary builders/gathers etc required for the town, seeing what you've done so far and what else will be required and who we can get to help.
- They will report to the Moderator in charge for big building approvals/changes.
- They will work very closely with the Moderator in charge and of course the people living there.
- They will ensure the town is kept up to the standards.
- And more….
- Each town will have something specific that the other towns don't have that will attract users to come and visit, most probably some type of event area. For example Splinterz has a spleef arena; Plankville has boat races etc...
- Towns will now have more plots for more users and be structured more, currently some towns are so hard to navigate and are just a bunch of random houses.
- Towns will try and have some sort of theme if possible, for example Woodbridge has it's wooden log cabin theme and highland cliffs has its cobblestone theme.
- People who live in towns will have to stay within their plot area, no one likes moving into a home then digging down and finding they can’t have a basement because the person next door has a massive basement.
- Saying this however they can and will be encouraged to help out on the community buildings around them and suggest new buildings that can be build.
- We still have to work on this, but it will probably either involve:
- Moving people into towns with others to bring the community spirit back and have you lot helping out with others.
- Or having them join closer to the people around them to form towns/villages of course for this to happen we need to ensure we can have a staff member there too so you do have the chance to build more things than just your house...
- We will have to wait and see what happens.
I hope you will look at these the first of many changes in a good way, I want to make it more fun and enjoyable to build within YAMS and that when things are made there’s a sense of sharing, especially between players, however at the same time keeping things standardised so we don’t just end up with a massive chaos of random houses. There’s a lot of good people on YAMS that have various qualities that can be put to good use – now’s your chance!
One thing to remember is though, please do continue exploring other towns don’t just stay in your house/town – go and visit people, feel a part of the YAMS Community. Same goes for the staff; especially CSO’s you should be greeting new and old users alike wherever you go ensuring they know there way around and feel welcome.
Look out for more exiting changes coming soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - Do I have to move out?
A - No you do not have to move out at all.
Q - But I'm mayor what does that mean now?
A - There was a specifc Job Description for each town when my Moderators/CSO's applied - one of the parts in the JD said "You will ensure the members living there who have been there for a long time such as **** get a say and do not feel overtaken or demoralised." So as you can see you will very much have a part still of the town.