Yet Another Minecraft Server (YAMS)

[b]Captain:[/b] Are you ready for an Adventure Sailor?
[b]Sailor:[/b] Aye, aye, Captain!
[b]Captain:[/b] To the High Seas it is then today at 20:00 BST
[b]Sailor:[/b] Aye, aye, Captain!
[b]Captain:[/b] You don't say much do you Sailor?
[b]Sailor:[/b] No Captain....
[b]Captain:[/b] Right ok, go and gather your friends to join!!
[b]Sailor:[/b] Here they are Captain, in tip top shape, minus the rum!
[b]Captain: [/b]Get them on board Sailor. Anchors Away!!!

The Adventure begins.... you will need 1.8 and this is only until Bukkit is released! :)

Every night you are expected to stay in the main community area in the town we are making, this is until we have another outpost set up, this is required becuase we stick together on this map! If anyone FAILS to abide by these rules I WILL BAN! Simple as that.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Right it seems some of you are confused... basically this is a fresh 1.8 map for pure survival until all plugins are working again, once plugins are working again I will restore the the orginal map again and you will have all your houses again - I have done this becuase a lot of people were missing out on YAMS!! Please read the rules when you join, they are specific to this map.

Whenever I play single player or on the server even with tiny rendering and power saver on I allays get a white screen where nothing responds or the classic "Minecraft has run out of memory"
anybody got any ideas on how to fix this? I've even deleted .minecraft and reinstalled - still the same

I had this problem too Jenner, here's how I fixed it:

1) Go into your Control Panel
2) Search for "java"
3) When the Java item pops up, right click on it and hit open. You should get a Java Control Panel.
4) Click the "Java" tab in this control Panel. You should see "Java Runtime Environment Settings."
5) Click "View" Another window should pop up. You'll see several data fields that say a whole lot of nothing useful. There should only be 1 row of fields.
5- B) If there is more than one field, you need to un-install Java, then reinstall to the latest version.
6) Click in the field titled "Runtime Parameters" Click again to get a cursor and you can type into it.
7) Type in "-Xincgc -XMX2048M" This will effectively double the standard memory for Java.
7- B) You can play with the "2048M" number, in multiples of 526. For every *whole* Gigabit you want, use 1G, 2G, 3G etc. *Not* 1G526M or 1.5G. You'll need to use 1550M.

This worked for me. Keep in mind I'm using Windows 7 64bit, so it may be slightly different for you. Hope this helps.

I'd like to report an incident on the Castaway map. The circumstances surrounding this are unclear, but it looks like there was lava placed around the top of the east side of the community room. It set the room on fire and part of the forest surrounding it. Not sure who placed it, but Flint and I were standing on a tree west of the room when we noticed it was on fire. I didn't see anyone else around, besides an enderman on the nearby griefed boat.

[size=4]I am extremely disappointed by some of our members on the server, including staff members. It seems a lot of you have lost your morality and the power of being able to do anything has got to your head.[/size]

[size=4]By disobeying the rules, you are only showing me that you can’t behave and act in a mature manner; this was your chance to you all to prove to me that we didn’t need protection and that we could work together to catch the people responsible for their crimes.[/size]

[size=4]To the contrary, what I’ve seen is somewhat the total opposite, members and staff alike are setting people on fire and griefing with TNT and Lava saying it’s a temp map it doesn’t matter and laughing all the time.[/size]

[size=4]The rules clearly say NO TNT, Lava, Fire… breaking any of these rules results in a ban, it’s a ban because I cannot jail. I will now be permanent banning, temp banning, or demoting people as I see fit. If you receive a permanent ban you will need to appeal in the unban forum. If you receive a temp ban, you will be informed and once we are back to normality you may continue to come on, I would also would like an apology. If you have been demoted then more than likely you will have been temp banned too, depending on the serious of the case.[/size]

[size=4]If I find anyone breaking the rules I will take action, don’t think I don’t have ways of finding out because I do![/size]
[size=4]Also I will routinely be doing spot checks. Anyone caught with Lava (yes even for furnaces), TNT or flint and steal will be fed to the deadly squids.[/size]

[size=4]This was supposed to be a fun map, but every day I’m adding more rules because people can’t seem to hold themselves from the overwhelming feel of being able to do anything.[/size]

[size=4]Maybe once as a joke something is ok but to do it all the time, it’s just Stupid - I’m not amused.[/size]

[size=4]Please remeber Staff Members - It's still YAMS, you are still Staff![/size]

[quote name='SteerpikeSister' timestamp='1316342120' post='4285']
this morning there is NOTHING left in the community chests.
[/quote]

I noticed that there's nothing left aswell. I've just been mining and gonna try and stock community chests up again with tools etc