By posting on these forums you agree you have read and accepted the following:
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (including acronyms), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or anything that does not contribute to the discussion. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. Please use the edit button.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. 24 hours is a good general guideline. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate our community standards. The YAMS staff team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post. We want to encourage a community that everyone can participate in and while we do not wish to segregate, this does mean using one language as a standard.
- Posts arguing about our policies are not allowed. If you have an issue with our policies, please PM the Administrator DarrenStraight who is in charge of overseeing policies.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
- You cannot post, message or signature any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
- We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, servers, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited.
- You should never give out your forum password to anyone. We cannot take responsibility if you disclose this information to anyone else.
- Signatures are allowed, provided that they do not depict scenes of a sexual or offensive nature and do not violate YAMS community standards. The YAMS staff team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.Links should not advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations.
- Links should not be of sexual nature or violate YAMS community standards. The YAMS staff team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- All signatures must be made in English.
- Avatars and signatures are allowed, provided that they do not depict scenes of a sexual or offensive nature and do not violate YAMS community standards. The YAMS staff team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- We are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of YAMS.
- Although the administrators and moderators of the YAMS Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages.
- Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law
- The owners of the YAMS Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
- Any disputes with the staff of the The YAMS Forums will be handled in private through the Private Message System. In this instance you will need to private message the Administrator DarrenStraight
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.
Revision Date: 27th August 2011